Ongoing: In-Person Teaching Practice Sessions for Hybrid Courses
Teaching Practice Sessions for Hybrid Courses provide an opportunity to familiarize yourself with the hybrid classroom technology setup and teaching in a hybrid classroom. We strongly encourage you to attend the following sessions together with members of your instructional support team (CAs, FAs, etc.).
- Review our overview of hybrid classroom technology and teaching tips.
- Have a consultation with Teaching and Learning Hub staff to discuss your course’s specific needs, if needed.
- Become proficient in teaching over Zoom (see note below), if you haven’t already.
Attend a one-hour in-person session, led by the Digital Solutions’ Media Services team, where you will be introduced to the hybrid classroom technology and have an opportunity to set up the technology yourself.
Participate in a Hybrid Teaching Practice Session, which is a one-hour in-person session where you will set up the hybrid classroom technology and give a short segment of a class session in the hybrid classroom.
- We strongly recommend taking the time to practice teaching in Zoom, if you haven’t yet taught online. To begin, view a recording of our Teaching with Zoom 2021 session.
- Sessions will be offered in an ongoing manner. A limited number of sessions will be scheduled each week and sessions may need to be scheduled far in advance.
- Consider the timing of your session. Keep Stanford’s current travel policies and COVID-19 surveillance testing in mind as you plan your travel, as the required post-travel quarantine may limit you and your CA’s ability to come into the classroom for in-person sessions.
- These sessions are intended for instructors and members of their instructional support teams (CAs, FAs, etc.) teaching in Spring Quarter and beyond.